State-wide Facility Compliance and Risk Assessment
The Department identified a need to better understand the risk profile across its state-wide property portfolio. This included a need to identify non-compliance issues and to reduce the risk of visitation and occupancy by third parties.
Macutex was engaged to conduct a state-wide audit program to assist the Department in better understanding its risk profile and the required rectification works to meet its legislative compliance requirements.
Key outcomes from the program included:
- Identification of potential risk issues and costed recommendations associated with fire safety, accessibility, drinking water hygiene, electrical safety, security, chemical handling and telecommunications access
- Onsite validation of existing fire safety equipment maintenance activities and contractor performance
- Updated facility layout and evacuation plans
- Detailed photographic records of all assets on site
- Analysis and prioritisation of risks on a site and state-wide portfolio level basis
Assessments were undertaken in regional and remote locations throughout South Australia on different facility types including offices, operational depots, wildlife parks, visitor centres and tourist accommodation.
Based on the successful delivery of the initial project, Macutex has been engaged on a number of other occasions to conduct facility audit programs throughout the state.